Angol kifejezések 2.
Ebben a bejegyzésben további minden napi angol kifejezéseket mutatunk, példamondatokkal.
a penny for your thoughts
A penny for your thoughts means that one person would like to know what another is thinking about.
- “A penny for your thoughts”, said David to Peter, who was looking extremely thoughtful.
- Susan was trying to talk to Ann, but Ann looked so preoccupied that Susan offered, “a penny for your thoughts?”
to get to grips with something
To get to grips with something, is to understand it better and feel more familiar with something
- “I am finding it very difficult to get to grips with this new piece of software.”
- “I got to grips with the language quite easily, actually.”
to get into shape
To get into shape, means to do some exercise to change your body shape.
- “I think the best way to get into shape is to go running every day and eat less junk food.”
- “I want to get into shape before spring, so I have three months to train.”